JAMES RICHARD STANLEY
Expert at building great user experiences on lifestyle and entertainment products for consumers on a wide variety of devices and applications.
Senior UX Program Manager at Samsung Electronics America, Experience Innovation Lab Mountain View, CA May 2016 – June 30th 2018
Provided program management leadership across multiple functional groups, including Designers, User Researchers and UI Engineers for the Visual Display unit of Samsung. Coordinated scheduled tasks and resources between global teams in Korea, US, India and China.
- Managed a portfolio of design projects to continuously improve and enhance programs related to Internet of Things (IoT), Smart TV menu systems / services and premium lifestyle products.
- Shipped consumer products on time, on budget and to milestone specifications, including Family Hub 2.0, SmartThings mobile and The Frame.
- Controlled risks to meet design deliverables by collaborating with globally dispersed product management and engineering teams to gather requirements, coordinate dependencies and resolve complex issues.
- Partnered with Project Design Leads on multiple projects ranging from design vision concepts for new product categories to commercialization, enhancing consumer products focused on new lifestyle and premium experiences.
- Improved collaboration and deliverables by developing and implementing an Agile working process using Jira and Confluence and providing training to Design teams in Korea and the US.
Senior UX Producer at Ericsson MediaFirst, Mountain View, CA September 2013 to May 2016
Served as Product Owner for UX Design team responsible for the delivery of engaging client experience on multiple consumer devices for the Ericsson MediaFirst TV platform.
- Led Agile team through rapid adoption of Agile, Scrum and Lean design processes for delivering continuous improvements.
- Optimized team performance and organizational impact by prioritizing design resources tasks and work flows in partnership with design leadership.
- Collaborated with product managers in implementing steps to ensure design integrity.
- Mitigated risk by directing prototyping functions for high risk UX Design features and usability tests.
- Orchestrated visioning, architecture, design and production implementation by providing leadership and direction for the Design team.
Senior Producer at Microsoft, Mountain View, CA November 2011 – September 2013
Produced and managed Mediaroom design projects in Operator TV & Technology Services group.
- Led Design team through lifecycle of creating and enabling cloud delivery of services and experiences based on client specifications.
- Advocated and protected design’s vision of user experience and guided product management feature specifications.
- Planned and led User Experience cross-functional workshops and conferences.
Executive Producer at Moblyng Games, Redwood City, CA December 2010 – October 2011
Led teams across disciplines on HTML5 social freemium games for Facebook mobile, mobile web, iOS, Android and Facebook Desktop platforms.
- Pioneered Agile development processes to optimize weekly software release cycles by creating user stories, scheduling releases and prioritizing user story backlog list.
- Managed relationship with vendors and partners such as WeeWorld, Facebook, Vdopia and Tapjoy.
Producer at Backbone Entertainment Inc., Emeryville, CA 2003 to October 2010
Produced P&L for work-for-hire games on time, on budget and to expected quality. Managed client project relations with publishers such as Harmonix, Warner Brothers, TT Games, LEGO, Electronic Arts, Konami, Sega, Rockstar Games and Microsoft.
- Produced and shipped over 12 titles on console and handheld platforms, including Grand Theft Auto, LEGO Rock Band and Death Jr.: Root of Evil.
- Worked across multiple lines of business to provide design expertise on audio, game design, game scripting and writing while performing producer duties on multiple projects.
Assistant Producer at Electronic Arts, Redwood City, CA 2003
- Managed onsite QA team and triaged bugs for development team for LOTR, The Two Towers PS2
Lead Tester at Electronic Arts, Redwood City, CA 2001 to 2003
- Created test plans, managed database, delegated responsibilities to a team of testers
- Led functional testing for localized languages
Senior Software Tester at Electronic Arts, Redwood City, CA 1999 to 2001
- Compliance and functional testing on a variety of game consoles and PC platform
Customer Support Technician at Electronic Arts, Redwood City, CA 1999
- Managed customer interactions via phone and e-mail to solve and support their issues on games
English Teacher at AEON Corporation, Tokyo, Japan 1997 to 1998
- Taught conversational English in various group sizes
SOFTWARE AND CERTIFICATES
Atlassian tools (JIRA. Confluence), Microsoft Project, MS Office, Visio, InDesign, Sketch and Photoshop. Scrum Master and Product Owner training received from Mike Cohn of Mountain Goat Software.
Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Bachelor of Arts —Major in English Literature, Minor in Psychology
President – Wake Forest ice hockey club team; Secretary – Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity
Tokai University, Tokyo, Japan
Japanese Studies— Intensive Japanese immersion course